Factors affecting cable performance and placement in cable wiring
Six factors affecting the performance of wire and cable:
1. Ultraviolet (UV)-Do not use cables without UV protection in direct sunlight.
2. Heat-the temperature of the cable in the metal pipe or trunking is very high, and many polymer materials will reduce the service life at this temperature.
3. Water-The moisture in the twisted pair cable of the LAN will increase the capacitance of the cable, thereby reducing the impedance and causing near-end crosstalk problems.
4. Mechanical damage (repair costs)-the repair of optical cables is very expensive, and at least two terminations are required at each discontinuity point.
5. Grounding-If the shielding layer of the cable needs to be grounded, the corresponding standards must be followed.
6. The total length of the route (not just between the buildings)-outdoor-level LAN twisted-pair cables are used between the buildings, and the total length should be limited to 90 meters. For a 100Mps or 1000Mbps network, the laying distance cannot exceed this limit. If the laying distance is between 100 meters and 300 meters, optical cable should be selected.
Whether the cable is placed in:
1. Under the eaves. The standard LAN cable can be used only when the cable is not directly exposed to sunlight or ultra-high temperature. It is recommended to use pipes.
2. The exterior wall. Avoid direct sunlight on the wall and man-made damage.
3. In the pipe (plastic or metal). If in the pipeline, pay attention to the damage of the plastic pipe and the heat conduction of the metal pipe.
4. Suspended applications/overhead cables. Consider the sag and stress of the cable. Which binding method is planned to be used, and whether the cables are directly exposed to sunlight?
5. Lay directly in the underground cable trench, this kind of environment is less controlled. The installation of the cable trench should be checked regularly for dryness or humidity.
6. Underground pipeline. In order to facilitate future upgrades, cable replacement and isolation from surface pressure and the surrounding environment, auxiliary pipelines are isolated, auxiliary pipelines are a better method. But don't expect that the pipe will always remain dry, which will affect the choice of cable types.
The above content is provided by Suzhou Zhenlei Wire and Cable Co., Ltd. The company's main business: Suzhou wire and cable, non-standard wire and cable, etc.
Hand machine: 13451783528
Mail box: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: No. 115-1, Mingshi Road, Luzhi Town, Wuzhong District, Suzhou, Jiangsu